Having a Christmas tree at home is a pleasure, furthermore, if a few simple tips to keep it fresh are followed. Christmas trees are a natural product grown in nurseries, under state regulations, which besides being respectful of the environment and help to fix the territory population also contributes to counteract the effect of climate change.
Characteristics of the Christmas trees culture:
• Christmas trees are not removed from the forest, are grown, so deforestation is not generated.
• Are grown under control and regulated in most countries.
• It is not subsidized farming, it costs the taxpayers nothing.
• Xmas trees are grown in rural regions; the alternative would be the abandonment of land, which would contribute to desertification and people emigration.
• It’s a culture respectful with the environment, almost organic.
• They don’t need the amounts of chemical treatments or fertilizers that intensive crops require.
• The farmland in wooded areas makes firewalls and makes the forest more accessible if firefighting is necessary.
• The nursery-grown Christmas trees consume CO2 contributing to reducing the greenhouse effect.
• Christmas trees growing in the nursery generate oxygen; every hectare of Christmas trees daily produces the oxygen for 40 people.
Natural Xmas trees are better than artificial because:
- Do not pollute in the manufacturing process
- They are a renewable resource, 100% recyclable: they go back to nature and do not generate waste (they return converted into compost, an organic product that serves to improve the fertility of parks and gardens).
- They are not toxic (the plastic trees contain non-biodegradable plastic).
- They are much more beautiful.
- They smell well.
- All of them are unique and different, there aren’t two equal specimens.
- They come in all sizes.
- There are different varieties (different colours, different ports), allowing you to choose according to your preferences.
- They are handmade produced.
- We employ people here (more than 85% of the artificial Xmas trees are produced in China).
- Being produced in Europe the energy consumed in their transport is also much lower.
- They are sold with practically no packaging so they don’t generate urban waste.
- Natural trees are grown in a few years, a plastic tree requires 10.000 years!
Tips to keep your Christmas tree fresh:
• Choose a fresh tree.
• place it away from the fireplace, away from radiators or hot air vents.
• Water it daily, and better if before decorating it had spent some hours with the roots into a bucket of water.